Before You Sit Down to Thanksgiving Dinner, Read This
In recognition of the holiday and the fantastic opportunity it presents for multiple generations to share each others’ company and conversation, we have collected some of our favorite articles for you to share and enjoy as a family before, during or after your meal. These all relate to gratitude and charity, and remind us of the important things in life. They have been hand picked to relate to the spirit of the holiday:
- The Importance of Family History and Family Stories – While you have the whole family gathered around, read this piece on how powerful shared history is and get into reliving some great family moments together.
- Cooking Gives the Gift of a New Life – This terrific story of charity shows how it is never “a step down” to focus one’s life on giving back. At the end we also link to some great recent coverage of a young chef who inspires us all!
- Farmer Joe Becker and Compassion – this story reminds us that even when tragedy strikes, there is much to be thankful for. Family and friends get us through dark times and lend us strength.
- The Powerful Example of “The Homeless Bus” – as we remember all we are thankful for, we should also take time to think of those who are less fortunate and how we may help them.
- How a 15 Year Old Geek Made Good – Sometimes it is easy to point out things we are grateful for and positive opportunities in our lives. However, sometimes the most rewarding things are the most unlikely. Read this article and think outside the box…and the decade.
- Honesty is its Own Reward – When considering things to be grateful for it is easy to jump to material possessions, when we should also remember to be thankful for our character. This story reminds us money isn’t everything and being a good person is worth its weight in gold.
We of InspireConversation.com wish all of you the happiest of holidays and hope your Thanksgiving meals are filled with fun, family and great discussion.